Happy Fathers Day & Chocolate Chip Berry Pancakes


Happy Father's Day to my Dad and to my fantastic partner Dan my boys Daddy... to celebrate this morning for breakfast I made these delicious Chocolate Chip Berry Pancakes.

Pancakes because Dan loves them, the boys love them and I just wanted to try this awesome recipe out!

I discovered this lovely recipe over at Earth Mama, who has the most wonderful blog and life! The pancakes looked so delicious I thought I would give it a go...

Chocolate Chip Berry Pancakes
2 1/4 Cups Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
as much chocolate chips as you want
2 bananas mashed
fresh chopped berries of your choosing (I used strawberries)
1 1/2 cups milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract


Combine dry ingredients in large bowl and mix to incorporate.
Mash bananas in smaller bowl with potato masher or fork.
Add the rest of the ingredients to bananas and mix.
Pour liquid mix into dry mix and stir.
Ladle a small amount into a hot frying pan with a little olive oil.
Cook until golden on oneside, flip and cook the other.

Enjoy!

Dan was super pleased with his special day treat.  The boys also got him a book on Mountain Bike Trail Centres in the UK and made this fantastic card and drawing of Daddy on his bike under a rainbow (Charlie draws rainbows in most of his pictures!).




 
We are now off for a family picnic at Ashton Court to celebrate Father's Day with the Taylor clan.
 
Have a great Sunday, hope the Dad's in your lives are having a super days too.

Labels: ,