New Home


Picture Postcard by Bee Brady Photography


Our dear neighbours and good friends moved house this weekend.... we knew this day was coming since Christmas, but the actual reality of it has affected the boys more than we had thought.

Charlie has a particular bond with Lucy.  The same age, started pre-school together, cycling their balance bikes to school every morning... they have become firm friends, maybe even a bit more?!  I think Lucy is Charlie's first love!

Rufus on the other hand has found in Henry a partner in crime.  Two cheeky monkeys to play rough and tumble, squabble over toys and have a friend to call their own.

Me, I will miss the support and friendship of Holly.  We have grown into mothers together and the school run won't be the same again.

It sounds (through my tale of woe) that they have moved far, far away.  But no, just five minutes away to another part of our neighbourhood.  Charlie & Lucy will still be at school together, and I am sure we will still hang out together...

But this weekend was the end of an era....

I have been thinking of what to get them for a house warming gift and have been looking through Folksy for some inspiration.  I was thinking of maybe a print for the walls of their new home.


Blue Monday by Lola's Room
Birdwatching by Miss Eliot Books
I Can See a Rainbow by Lolas Room


As you can see, I think I am a bit influenced by the summer...

Any thoughts on which I should get?