Farewell August


Well, where did it go?  August? 

It was here blazing full of summer and disappeared as quickly and gloriously as it came.

August has been balmy, hot, sultry, sweaty, rainy, thundery and cold... and not just the weather!  I think I have been mirroring it with my emotions.

This August was our first summer holidays before Charlie starts school properly in September... it has seen it's ups and downs and for the most part I have enjoyed the ride.

I have actually felt that I have stopped, relaxed and gone with the flow. I am a bit of a control freak and have OCD in tidiness!

But despite this I have enjoyed the time (final time) of Charlie & Rufus before schooling.  It almost feels like an end of era really... yes, I have openly sobbed at the advert with the boy being sent off to school in an astronauts outfit, but that's another story!



We have had a blast.  Trips to the zoo, long walks picking blackberries and cob nuts, digging at the allotment, watching the red arrows, crazy mountaineering bike rides, baking cakes, making robots, reading, hanging out and loving life.





We only have 5 more days left of this wild summer adventure before he starts school on Monday. 



I plan to enjoy every minute.....

just bloody go to sleep you monsters!

X

Labels: , , , , ,