Golden skies

Last night we were treated to the most amazing sunset.  The skies became crimson as the sun lit up the greyest of storm clouds.  It began to slightly drizzle... but the light was so intense,  ran up to our attic bedroom with my camera, and saw this beautiful sight...


The photo doesn't truly capture the colour..  brightest orangy/pink... awesome.



The rainbow curved round into such a huge arch, I couldn't fit on camera.

It certainly brightened up the grey roof tops of South Bristol. 

We I look over the roof tops out of my bedroom window, I just wish it was a bit more colourful...instead of grey.

Has anyone read the childrens book 'The Chimpanzees of Happy Town'?  It's  family favourite.

Well, it' a story of a Chimpanzee called Chutney, who is a traveller.  He arrives at a grey, miserable town called Drabille USA.  Life is no fun for the chimps in Drabsville - the mayor demands that all their houses look the same and that no one should have a good time. But things take a more colourful turn when Chutney arrives, carrying a tiny seed in a box... he plants the seed and a colourful, magical tree grows. 

Anyway, the town folk become happy and decide to paint their house such beautiful colours... one Chimp decides:

"I'm going to paint mine pink", one said,

"That's what I'm going to do.  Then I'm going to climb up on the roof and paint my chimney blue!"

"My windows will look fabulous without those iron bars, and the walls will be a symphony of flowers and heart and stars!".

The end is just heart wrenchingly beautiful too....

Mayor Chutney said, "You see my tree?
Well, now I hope you know
That everything that we cut down
Will find a way to grow
And things will always blossom
If we dare to set them free,
It's no different for a little flower
As for a chimpanzee!".

Ahhh...

Have a happy colourful day
x