October Allotment


After all the excitement of yesterday, today we chilled in the sunshine at the allotment.  Thankfully I remembered to take the camera as last weekend we were here I didn't, and the Cosmos and the Asters needed to be recorded.

It felt great to be up there again.  I didn't realise I missed it until I was there.



Lottie was looking beautiful in the October sunshine.  She was a bit 'woolly' around the edges and in need of a huge weed.  But other than that she is looking gorgeous.



Masses of Asters (or Michealmas Daisies as most mums like to call them) are in front of the Littlegreenshed.  We were planning to lay pallets down here this winter to make a decked seating area, we are unsure now what to do?  The Asters are just so pretty.

I love that our Lottie is just giving us so many surprises.



Our Sprouts are coming along nicely.  I must admit for most of my life I have retched at the thought of eating a Brussel Sprout, but a couple of Christmases ago I was teased into submission and tried one.  To my surprise I found it totally delicious.  So these green emerald jewels are heading for a plate in front of me very soon!



The Mustard green manure is growing rapidly.  You can see where Rufus has sown it in handfuls!  Glad I don't have to thin them out!



Whilst clearing the cutting garden bed.  I cut off the spent sunflower heads and threaded them through the trellis to dry.  An instant bird feeding station.  They look so pretty here too.



The boys played really well today.  Some days we can be at the plot for 15 minutes and they start to moan, or hurt themselves or need the loo.  But today they happily amused themselves for several hours.  Utter bliss!

Charlie harvested some more carrots  And too our surprise we found this...



Hahahahhhaaa!  This keeps making me chuckle!  I don't want to eat it!

Hope you all enjoyed the sun today.

Have a great week.
x





Labels: , , , ,