The Great British Spirit


Image Credit

Okay, it's the 5th of November... Bonfire Night.

It is absolutely lashing down outside.

Pretty much rained like this continuously all day.

But through the window of my cosy snug can see brilliant blues, greens and silvers lighting up the night sky.

Such determination us Brits.  No matter the appalling weather, we still battle on.  That Dunkerk spirit, or Wimbledon maddness.

Good for you, you brave and fearless people.

Thank you for bringing some sparkle to this soggy day.

The boys and I have just watched the most amazing fireworks from our attic window, safe from the torrent outside.

We were supposed to be having a Bonfire Party with family at my parents, but my mum is feeling poorly with Sinusitis.  Get well soon mum.

So to those of you who actually made it to a display I salute you!

x

Labels: