Joy


Hello lovelies.... it's been a while since I've been here.  Only 5 days, but seems a long time.

We are fully recovered from the nasty bug, and have come out the other side feeling brighter and much happier.

But something has seemed to escaped me.

Christmas Spirit!

I just cant get myself into the Christmasy mood.

I am 'on schedule' with getting things organised for Christmas, presents have been bought, yes even wrapped.  Christmas cake made, though not iced, but is most definitely marinated in Brandy.

Christmas Cards have been sent and I even had time to make shortbread star biscuits for the school cake day.

Phew!

(excuse me... glug wine)

I am home alone tonight (not really alone, boys are in bed).  Dan has gone out on his works Christmas do, and I have been left with a box of mincepies and a bottle of red... I know what I prefer to do!

Soo, this evening I have been looking through photos of last Christmas, trying to get in the Christmas mood, when I spied this photo.

It made me chuckle.

Picture this... it is 8ish on Christmas Morning.  Charlie (who is 3 nearly 4 here) has found his stocking, opened all his presents, the wrapping paper and gifts lie all around us.

The one thing that puts that smile on his face are Chocolate coins... boy does he love em!

Look at that smile!

I must remember to get some tomorrow.

Oh tomorrow, should get me in a festve spirit.  In the morning I am helping to sell Xmas Trees at the school for the PTA.  Then we are (naughtily, cos I'm not buying one there) going to chop our tree down..... it' a family tradition.

Followed by, lots of mulled wine and letting off skylanterns.

Yes... it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas..

Have a wonderful weekend my sweets!

x

Labels: ,