gardening allotment & hail









Today was all about digging, planting, clearing, clipping, pruning, sheltering from the rain, then enjoying the sun.

We tackled the rough untameable area of the lottie this morning, through showers and hail.  Managed to erect a fence, and plant a Pear tree & a Bramley Apple tree.

The Boys sheltered in the shed from the stinging hail then jumping out again to dig up worms and play with their construction vehicles.

This afternoon I attempted to tidy the back yard.  Pruned the clematis & honeysuckle and gave the place a thorough sweep.  The sun was glorious highlighting little spots to be noticed. ....

The moss forest on the shed window ledge.
The victorian chimey pot & a seagull soaring.
The just burst open lime green leaves of the honeysuckle.
The lizards shadow, basking in the afternoon sun.

A good sunday, I know this because my body is tried, my cheeks feel flushed and I have dirt under my nails.

Have a good week, lovelies.
x

Labels: