A quick update.  Rufus is much brighter.  He has a blackened left eye, and a small cut underneath where he landed full force on the eye socket.

He has a few bruises on his side, but other than that this boys is back to his normal self.

Dan & I are still reeling from the shock of it all.  All of yesterday I had a horrible empty feeling in my stomach and waves of emotion when I think back to the image of Ru lying at the bottom of the stairs.

A terrible weekend in all.  I have taken today off work to be with him... currently watching Postman Pat DVD and cuddles.

Thank you for all your kind messages...  so cheering knowing you all care and are thinking of us.

So, right now all I want to do is either move house or carpet our wooden bare stairs {less slippy and more cushioned}.

I doubt this will be the last scare we will have this boy... he is a force of nature!

x