Seeds

Today my lovely friend Jess and I sorted through our seeds from last year. 
Chose what we loved and what we thought wasn't so good.
Made a list of the more unusual ones we wanted to try.

Decided on:
* Purple French Climbing Beans - Blauhilde
* Purple Mange Tout Pea - Ezethas Krombek Blauwschok
* Beetroot - Golden Detroit
* Beetroot - Barabietola di Chioggia

* Sweetcorn - Kelvedon Glory F1
* Squash - Butternut
* Squash - Crown Prince
* Carrot - Nantes 2
* Carrot - Rainbow
* Cosmos - Mixed

All from the Organic Gardening Catalogue.  I haven't used them before, I hope they turn out okay.  I know there are probably cheaper sources of seeds out there, but we felt this was a good place to start today. 

Come April I know I will be tempted with the many plug plants on offer in the garden centres, mini pots of green goodness...

I will be on the look out for plugs of:
* Celeriac
* Fennel
* Brussel Sprouts
* Purple Sprouting

Today has most definitely got my gardening juices flowing... I cannot wait for the making of paper pots, filling with rich potting compost and popping those perfect seeds in and waiting for the first little shoot to appear!

Yay, it's nearly March!
x

Labels: