hula hoop eating dino spotted at allotment

Ahhhh run for your life!
Whats that you say?  He only eats Hula Hoops?
Oh, that's OK then, phew!

This afternoon we had the most productive day at the allotment.  I cleared the shed out.  A little worried I might find a nesting creature under all the rubbish and leaves that had accumulated over the winter.  {we don't have a door on the shed! - for security reasons!}.

Rufus planted 100 onion sets.  Yep you did read right.  That's my boy.  I chose Hercules F1 and Stuttgarter, 50 of each.

I also planted 8 broad bean seedlings.

Dan emptied out a stinking bucket of rotting brambles {which have been slowly decomposing in rain water over the winter - not deliberately!} into a trench ready to plant runner beans on top of later.

After watching Gardeners World last night with the return of Monty Don {yay! - I have such a hero worship thing going on with him.  He is the reason I started to garden}.  So, after watching his advise on forcing Rhubarb, we stuck a pot over one of our Rhubarb plants to force some juicy early stalks.

I spent quite a while watering everything in, making sure the newly planted fruit trees had a good drink when the heavens opened!

Typical!

x