Google+ Littlegreenshed - UK Lifestyle Blog: fun filled weekend... Google+ -->

fun filled weekend...



















































































































































































This weekend we visited Whipsnade Zoo, stayed overnight in a hotel and had a BBQ with family.  It was a fun filled action packed weekend.

Whipsnade was wonderful.  We saw Elephants and giraffes which the boys hadn't seen before.  I think the giraffes were my favourite.  They are enormous and so so graceful.  Both Ru & Charlie loved the seals the best, partly because they sprayed the audience with a hose!

The following day, we headed over to my Nan's home.  She has lived in the same house all my life, and visiting is like stepping back into my memories as a child.  I love her garden, over grown and large.  Huge trees and shrubs dominate, once these were small, we used to hide amongst them.  Now my sons tumble around, finding their own dens.

I loved hanging out with my family, feeling relaxed and seeing the boys happy.  Something we need to do more often.
x

p.s. don't forget my little giveaway... you have just a week to enter.

10 comments:

  1. How lovely! My nan lives in the same house too, where my dad also grew up. So many memories! And familiar smells too (I have a sensitive nose). Thank you for your truly lovely gift in the post. I will email you properly in a bit. Was so nice to receive them Lou, thank you so much, you nice lady, you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great weekend and staying in a hotel too - luxe! It was lovely to receive my Etsy order too - the cards are beautiful and massive well done to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Top picture is so great! Impeccable timing, and fab colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a fabulous time. Your images are simply stunning in this post - especially love the giraffe shot. Nature in all its perfection x

    ReplyDelete
  5. great zoo pics. the giraffe one is amazing! makes it look enormous! well it is enormous, but close up like that it's triple enormous. (i'm talking like a 5 year old, i have to get out more.) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zoo-ventures are my absolute fav ... looks like you had a lovely time ... and yes, something you need to do more often :)

    ♥ Cat brideblu

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the zoo!!!! looks like you had a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had an incredible time, your photos are beautiful.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful as ever! you have my 2 favorites on here flamingos and giraffes! they are from another world i think xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the picture of the giraffe's belly! Looks like you had a wonderful time, I love wildlife parks x

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for leaving a comment... I love to hear from you. Have a great day! Lou x