the gorillas...











This year Bristol Zoo celebrates it's 175th Birthday.
To celebrate they have placed 60 gorillas all over the city which have been decorated by local artists.  The Gorillas are great chance to bring together local business and arts communities and to create a unique, mass public art event for the people of Bristol.  At the end of the summer the Zoo will be having an auction for the public to buy the Gorillas and the proceeds will go to support gorilla conservation projects in Africa.
The past couple of days we have searched for these rare beauties in popular spots in Bristol.
I think our favourites so far have been Spider Monkey in our very own neighbourhood and Gorisambard by the Clifton Suspension Bridge.
After walking over the bridge and back (something I found quite giddy), the boys found the infamous 'bumslide' close the bridge.
You can see the shiny bum shaped groove which has been worn away over the many years of  children scooting down it.
So, 9 gorillas down only another 51 to go!


Have a great weekend.
x


p.s.  I would just like to add... today hasn't all been gorillas & bumslides.  I have had a mare of a day. 


I have had a splitting headache for 2 days now.  Plus earlier I picked up the coffee table to move it out of the way as it was being used as jumping launch pad onto the sofa.  To only stand on a piece of Lego. If you have ever stood on a piece of Lego you will know of the pain!  So, holding onto my teak coffee table (heavy), standing on Lego (ouch), I jumped, hurtled forward and smashed my hand into the wall, trapping it between heavy coffee table and wall.  
Soooo, to sum up... I now have a splitting headache, sore foot, smashed up knuckle, and tingly shooting pains down my arm.


NOT the best of days. Where's that bottle of wine!
x

Labels: , ,