Google+ Littlegreenshed - UK Lifestyle Blog: strawberry picking... Google+ -->

strawberry picking...





A morning was spent picking 4 kilos! of delicious local strawberries.
I love doing this with the boys, they are so focused on what they are doing, choosing the most reddest & the biggest (then eating the biggest!).
We sat at the end of the row of strawberry tables for a drink and snack and watched swifts zoom across the newly baled field.
High summer in the UK doesn't get much better than this.
Last night I turned our masses of berries into 12 jars of sticky jam... yum!
Number 5 & 6 ticked off of the list.
x

10 comments:

  1. Oh this PYO looks good - strawberries growing off the floor! I went to one but they were in fields surrounded by weeds and our legs were lashed and my toddler was throwing a wobbler. Must try again next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum!! Nothing better than toast with butter and homemade strawberry jam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man, that looks like the blissness!

    you are awesome. we should be neighbours!

    xo em

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! I do love R's very dapper hat too x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww I've not been picking yet this year, nothin' like a warm strawberry!
    Nattie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love making home made strawberry jam - so so yummy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh yum! Those strawberries look amazing, what a fun day out!
    Glad you keep ticking things off the list! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooh. those look yummy. I haven't picked fruit in years!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the neatest thing way I have ever seen strawberries grown .... My husband just said '' You shopuld try this next year'' -not knowing he has to build it :) Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i a loving this post along with feeling the guilt of never having done this with my own kiddies! lovely pics x

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for leaving a comment... I love to hear from you. Have a great day! Lou x