September...











The first day of September.
I LOVE September.
I love the change of season.
Autumn is my favourite.
It's the squirrelling I love.  Gathering crops, harvest.  Turning them into Jams & Chutneys.
Hoarding of onions, garlic, squashes and potatoes to give us warmth through the winter months.
I love to forage for mushrooms, blackberries and sloes.  Rose hips for making a syrup to ward off colds and flu's.
In September we get our home ready for the winter.  Bring out lovely warm blankets and plan projects to keep us occupied on cold winter days.
Today I went out in the garden and spied signs of Autumn.
My onions drying in the sunshine.
Spiders, fat from the summer, trying to catch more before the winter.
Large yellow heads of the Rudbekia.
And my beautiful rosie red apples on the tree.
Ah yes, welcome September.... please bring us warm days and an abundant harvest.
x



Labels: , ,