golden bracken and skies








Golden skies this weekend across the West Country.
Seems strange to me, Christmas lights are up in town.
Christmas adverts are on the TV.
I have bought half of my presents already... yet it all seems a bit unreal, I am certainly not in a Christmasy mood, yet.
How can it really be winter solstice in 5 weeks when outside it is warm & glorious.
There are new leaves on my crab apple tree in the garden.  Daffodils in my window box have started to shoot.
Don't get me wrong... not really complaining as we can spend the afternoon up on the Mendips, enjoying the golden bracken in golden sunshine.
But, this weekend we have opened up our fireplace and the first step to installing our log burning stove has been taken.
So by next week we will desperately be wanting to light it on an evening... we just need some cold weather to go with it... or we will be sitting there in the nip!
Have a great week!
x

Labels: ,