the saturday before...






Hi there!  How are you this Sunday? (Monday for those of you in other parts of the world)
Good I hope.
EEEEk only 7 days left til Christmas, are you ready?  I don't think I am.  I become a little panicky when I think of all the things that I need to do.  I should write a list.  Yes, I like lists.  I'll do that in a minute.

This Saturday Dan and I decorated the lounge (yes I know, bonkers! what with everything else that's going on  at this time of year), but it was so wrecked after having the log burner installed it desperately needed a lick of paint.

We also took time to wander the woods, the boys rode their bikes, whilst searching for holly. The sunshine through the bare trees was beautiful, I love crisp winter days. After climbing trees, spying mushrooms and talking to puppies, we scored and found a bush with some lovely little ruby red berries, which hadn't yet been eaten by the birds and mice. I took a few branches as I don't really like taking from nature, just enough for a little over the mirror. I love the tradition of bringing holly and ivy into the home.

Druids brought holly boughs into their homes to shelter elves and faeries who joined mortals during Yuletide. The plant captured evil spirits that tried to enter homes. It is thought to bring good luck and fortune into the home for the forthcoming year.  Elves and faeries!!  Yes I like the idea of them sheltering my cosy home during this time, after all it's the season of goodwill and all that!!

I love to mix the old and new, bought and handmade decorations. I adore these stained glass windows which Charlie made, I love that they catch the mid afternoon sun, I also made some more hama snowflakes. I love them! They are addictive to make.
A great productive Saturday.
x

Labels: , , ,