Google+ Littlegreenshed - UK Lifestyle Blog: international womens day Google+ -->

international womens day



So it's International Women's Day today.
What does this mean to me?

I am a 40 year old white woman.
I am a mother, a partner, a daughter, a sister and a friend.

I sometimes find it hard being a women and not just the mother part, as we all know being a mother is all consuming. I can't just switch off when they are not with me or in bed.
But today isn't mother's day it's woman's day... so who am I as a woman and not a mother?

Me - as a woman. I love to photograph, draw, walk windswept walks, cuddle in front of the fire, I love to eat chocolate, climb trees with my boys, run, I love to garden, dig in the earth, I love to hear stories from my friends, to dance, drink red wine, eat, kiss my children, hold hands with my partner, laugh with my mum, feel secure with my dad, I love to dress up, shop, giggle with friends, have my toe nails painted, new shoes!, walk in the woods, go on holiday, open a new packet of coffee, get excited about new projects, I do the house work, I am the doctor, chief cuddler and story teller, I love to travel, remember India, play lego, smell the flowers, wear socks in bed, eat toast & marmite, have a fringe, blog, buying new art for my walls, decorating my home, meeting new people.......... love life!

I would just like to thank the women that I love, who are beautiful, wise, gentle and generous.

Old and young... you are all incredible and I am thankful for knowing you.  My life is much richer!

The picture.... Charlotte Gainsbourg as she is one rocking woman, and as we all know I have a girl crush on her.
x

12 comments:

  1. Lou, that is a truly gorgeous post. Love it. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely post Lou, glad to have you in my life as one of my wonderful women friends! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lou ... this post is fantastic.
    So many things about you to love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post Lou - I love that having a fringe made it into the list! It's odd to think about myself as a woman, removed from the mother part. For my list, there'd definitely be my connections with other humans. And I like to laugh! Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for a lovely post! The love inside makes it easier to be a woman.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post! I love being a woman. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful post! I really enjoyed it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your day today Lou and may we celebrate more women's days with you and your blog in the years to come! Your post made me smile, and I have not been in a smily mood lately, so thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely Lou- Really nice getting to know you through your words and pictures. Always an inspiration. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. fantastic post, thank you

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous and inspiring post, I really enjoyed reading it. Thank you. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for posting this. It was great to read! And it's interesting to think of all the roles that we play, and what you discover when you strip them back.

    Emily x

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for leaving a comment... I love to hear from you. Have a great day! Lou x