Google+ Littlegreenshed - UK Lifestyle Blog: Dining Room Google+ -->

Dining Room









 

Hello!
You might remember we are in the process of re-decorating our downstairs rooms after sanding our wooden floors.
Well, we've completed the dining room... and it feels wonderful.
The blue colour I chose is called Blue's Blue - from the Paint & Paper Library.  I must admit it is NOT the colour I had in my head.  I stupidly went to the Interiors shop with Rufus.  With instructions from Dan 'just get what you like'. Well that in it's self sent me into a spin. I couldn't make a decision! Rufus decided to pick up everything in the shop (think delicate ceramics) so after a quick flustered decision this is what I came away with.  It will grow on me I am sure.  I was looking for a more calming blue grey colour.. but instead have a dark opulent blue. Ah well, the Gladioli's look great against it.  As do my mid-century ceramics and sideboard.
What I am loving is the fresh white everywhere else.  Fresh white without crayon marks or grubby hand prints - I am loving this so hard as I am sure it won't last the week!
We (Dan) is taking a break from DIY for a bit... we have the kitchen to do next. It's a big job. Re-tiling, painting and filling.  Maybe I'll give him a week off! ;-) 
x

11 comments:

  1. I think I have most of them books :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blue works, it is bold and fresh. I love your retro ceramics in the third shot. Gorgeous. ( I too own most of those books, some good reading material there!) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like the blue actually. Think it works really well with the pieces you already have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yip it's never good taking the kids somewhere that there are expensive breakables! All I ever seem to say in shops is 'Don't touch anything!'.
    I love the paint colour and I think it looks great with your Blossom and Bill print. Liking that pot too that the fern is in. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blue! And the white looks gorgeous, all fresh and clean - Frank repainted all our white walls back in May, they still look a lot better than they did but that lovely 'just painted' look didn't last long! All your lovely ceramic pieces look great. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it is a wonderful colour, and well, with your gorgeous decorations matches perfectly!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great! Love it Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the blue! And I especially love that cute artwork with the man and the woman in their underwear! :) We don't have a separate dining room -- our dining table is in the kitchen -- but this has given me inspiration to section it off somehow, maybe with a shelf of cookbooks and some little ceramics. I hear ya on the kitchen - ours needs a major reno!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic selection of books :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks great! I think the blue is lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. this colour is one of my very favourites! i've used a similar one for my walls and i don't regret it. hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for leaving a comment... I love to hear from you. Have a great day! Lou x