Google+ Littlegreenshed - UK Lifestyle Blog: Warming clothes for adventuring... Google+ -->

Warming clothes for adventuring...




After spending last Saturday in the woods, I came to realise even more our love of adventuring.
As a family we are happiest romping through woodlands, visiting National Trust properties or walking on deserted beaches in the winter. 
One thing that did bother me was not having clothing that was practical, warm and stylish too.  My old knackered sweatshirt just made me feel depressed and dowdy, I could really do with something that is just for my days outdoors. But where do I get one?
There are plenty of outdoorsy shops around selling fleeces but they tend to make my hair static and fleece isn't the most beautiful of clothing is it!. I need to look into somewhere that sells womens hoodies that is stylish and doesn't cost the earth.
Howies has a great range.  As does Joules.  I want warmth, comfort, style and low cost.
Any suggestions?
x

this a sponsored post.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Lou,as an aussie mum of 3 boys under 5, i fancy the adventuring pirate ways also! I like the deceptive warmth of thin merino layers the best! A long layer and t over the top and a vest? We shop at Kathmandu... and on special these little pieces of magic are sooooo cosy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://de.dawanda.com/product/35334525-Sweater-Osorno

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought a really lovely hoodie from Uniqlo, an Orla Kiely one. Was cheapish too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Lou, I agree with Lisa, I layer up everyday, vests, t's and either tank tops or cardis. I do like to wear long thick cardis also with a belt to add a little style x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The best ever romping outdoors outfit is skinny jeans, wellies, a hoodie and a gilet. Warm and cosy. In fact I wear a variation of that outfit, with a stiped breton top, pretty much every day of the week.

    Joules is ace for that kind of outdoor wear. I recently discovered Hollister. If you can get over the fact that a. the stores are mysteriously dark and b. the customers and staff are teeny tiny teenagers, then it's brilliant. Gorgeous hoodies that fit well, wash well and are so dreamily soft it's not true.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fat Face? They have some wrap up warm gear that's rather splendid - although I must confess I haven't checked them out for a while, but might be worth a look?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lou,
    http://www.finisterreuk.com
    do some super cool looking hoodies and a hoodie dress which looks fab and cosy.Organic and merino wool and not too crazy prices.I agree I am down to one work hoodie and I have stopped buying fleeces after a particularly embarassing set of static shocks in the Natural History Museum involving my then 5 year old !Every time I tried to calm her down I gave her a shock.Down with static clothes! Good luck, let us know what you find!

    ReplyDelete
  8. the outdoors are hard to beat lou. so much to see and explore. some nice links there. hope you find what your looking for. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh to be on that cliff top! Talking of which, can't go wrong with Seasalt I reckon. A lovely Cornish company selling lovely things - including some snuggly outdoorsy stuff inspired by the potters and painters of St Ives. http://www.seasaltcornwall.co.uk/

    Have a smashing weekend.
    Steph

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for leaving a comment... I love to hear from you. Have a great day! Lou x