Dreaming of...



With the chance that there may be snow this weekend... I have been sitting here dreaming of holidays, and summer adventures.
Last year we travelled down to the very tip of Cornwall and had the most glorious week of beach fun and National Trust visiting.  We fell in love with Cornwall that week... locked forever in our hearts.

So this year I am thinking I would love to go back.  I have been looking at several places to visit, we must return to Eden... it is such an inspiring place and perfect for young children to explore.  Last time we went (two years ago) we discovered a willow maze which was so over grown the tunnels felt like little hideaways lost in a foreign land... we could have been in the jungle somewhere far away.

Last year we stumbled upon the Helford River when we visited Glendurgan Gardens.  We wound our way down through lush tropical ferns and landed on this beautiful little beach (pictured above).  There we ate ice creams and skimmed stones on the glassy water.  It was bliss - apart from the long walk back up the valley!

I would love to go back to that pretty little place.  I have been looking into accommodation closer to that area and have discovered this most stunningly beautiful cottage - sleeps 8 and is within walking distance of the River.  It is high on my wish list... I am hoping that we can take my parents with us.  So a large property with several bathrooms is a must.  And one that has a little bit of luxury too! 

So yes... dreaming.
I need to sell a lot of my prints to get us there... but I am sure I have time.
It is only January after all!
x

Labels: ,