Google+ Littlegreenshed - UK Lifestyle Blog: learning about bridges... Google+ -->

learning about bridges...


bridge
DSC_7039
DSC_7042
DSC_7043
DSC_7054
DSC_7055
DSC_7069

Charlie has been learning about Isambard Kingdom Brunel at school.  He has visited the SS Great Britain recently on a school trip, so this weekend as part of his homework we visited Brunel's other great engineering masterpiece - the Clifton Suspension Bridge.
On a beautiful day the view is incredible, stretching for miles across the city.
In the sunshine we watched the cars as small as ants drive underneath us, gazed out trying to spot our house. We also estimated the height of each pillar, counted the number of wires that hold the road up and spotted a love padlock.  Jacob loves Jenny - so romantic!
x

7 comments:

  1. Lovely photo's, I haven't been on the bridge for many years, but remember the views well. THANKYOU

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could get on a train and go through the Box tunnel - it was said that a tunnel that long couldn't be built but he did...

    ReplyDelete
  3. gosh i went there on a school trip eons ago, that brought back some memories xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow such a view from up there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I can see where I used to live....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bristol looks beautiful. How I love your city xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. don't you think it's amazing how two of your own children can be so different. My boys and I walked over the bridge in the summer, I havr to admit I was quite scared, were you? Thank you for your ind words Lou xx natalie xx
    nataliejtc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for leaving a comment... I love to hear from you. Have a great day! Lou x