Google+ Littlegreenshed - UK Lifestyle Blog: Have a wonderful weekend... Google+ -->

Have a wonderful weekend...


Image via pinterest
It is like someone flicked a switch.  1st of May, and hello Summer.  These past few days have been glorious.  Days spent sitting in the garden sipping cool drinks, kids bounding around the park, dreaming of holidays and festivals with friends. I feel lighter and happier, the sun does good things to the soul.

This weekend here in the UK is a long one.  We celebrate May Day on the first Monday after.  Many friends are heading to the coast, to camp and have beach side fun.  We are pottering around the neighbourhood, taking it slow yet again.  Our friends have just opened a brand new cafe here in Bristol, so we need to pay them a visit.  A local art studio collective is having open doors this weekend, I love to potter around there, nosing in studios.  It's good to feel inspired by the creativity of others.  

Boringly, I need to tackle the boys bedroom, it has hit an all time low. Remove winter clothes and clothes that too small.  Bring out the shorts and tshirts.  Paint a couple of walls and re-organise. (get rid of toys!!). This will be monthly entry for Lottie's Project Simplify.  And do I need it!!

So whatever you are doing this weekend, have a wonderful one.
Oh and congratulations to Em on the birth of her baby daughter. Well done!! She's a beauty.
x

15 comments:

  1. Have a glorious weekend. I remember the May Day long weekend from when I was living in London. Fingers crossed its lovely and sunny for you xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a perfect weekend (maybe minus the sorting ;0) have a super one x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should tackle my rascals´bedrooms too - they are kind of messy! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that image, enjoy the sunshine x

    ReplyDelete

  5. You've just brought about a realisation: I always feel a bit self-conscious about staying home and pottering when others are off jet-setting or partying. Your describing it as 'taking it slow' has made me recognise that's how we like things too, and it's a good way to be. No need to explain it away. So thank you!

    Have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everyone always seems to be galavanting off on holiday or short breaks - I love this post, it pretty much describes our weekend plans too. Slow living is very much our thing - I think that's why your blog is one of my absolute favourites! Very inspiring as usual x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I am jealous of your days starting to warm up. We are starting to rug up more and more every day. We are looking forward to a slow weekend also, although I don't know how long it will last.

    www.twinsplusonemumma.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! Annie from Mammasaurus has been very inspired by your blog so I thought I'd come along and have a read.So many beautiful photographs and inspiration. I've been clearing out lots of clothes and toys this week and it all went off to the charity shop yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Get Rid Of Toys is quite high up on my to-do list as well. I need to sneak them out of the house when there are no children around though. May Day weather is supposed to be amazing - warm and sunny, yay! Hope you have a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. isn't it glorious, have a lovely one as well, sounds wondrous to me x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous weather, wasn't it? It makes such a difference to my mood, and to everyone else's. I'm sure strangers smile at each other more when it's sunny. Enjoy your weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay! Hope the clear out goes well :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love a nice slow weekend too, especially when ticking some boxes around the house. We have Orthodox Easter this weekend, so family time, another nice way to spend the weekend xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. hope you have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for leaving a comment... I love to hear from you. Have a great day! Lou x