Google+ Littlegreenshed - UK Lifestyle Blog: Tremenheere Sculpture Gardens... Google+ -->

Tremenheere Sculpture Gardens...















Just half an hour drive south from the Barn, on the outskirts of Penzance lies the most beautiful Tremenheere Sculpture Garden.   We discovered a leaflet in the barn's 'what to do in the area' file, not realising at the time what a gem this place is.  Leaving the children with my parents, Dan and I set off on a daytime date.

The garden is set on a hillside overlooking St Michaels Mount.  From the Cafe terrace we ate delicious home made soup and cakes gazing at the shimmering sea below.  The Cafe was such a find.  Eames Eiffel chairs, striped floors, pops of pink and green.  A really welcoming sight for travel weary eyes.  With food to match it's stylish interior I found it hard to leave and walk up the hill to the garden behind.

The path led us through thick woodland, with a most tropical feel.  Bluebells carpeted the floor but above our heads towered large tree ferns, sort of anglo/australian woodland.  The babbling brook and the rustle of leaves, we knew we were discovering something quite special.  As we headed to the top of the hill, the wooded canopy gave way to spiky Agaves and grasses, and the occasional Sculpture. The views from the top stretched out to St Michaels Mount and beyond.

Dan and I feel nourished by the good food, and gorgeous gardens and returned to the family feeling refreshed and happy from our date.

For more information on Tremenheere Sculpture Garden please visit their website.

....................................................................

More on my Cornish break can be found here:

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful pics Lou of this great place. Looks much warmer than when we visited in cold, cold April. Claire xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you enjoyed the sculpture garden. It is run by a friend of my son's and I visited when he was just in process of fulfilling his dreams of setting it all up. I also visited in April when I was down. I used to live in Penzance and just love the place. Members of my family live there so I stayed with my sister and did lots of visiting. If you go that way again. Sennen market has now become famous, so try and give it a visit!! Glad you had such a wonderful time on your holiday. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how beautiful! If only I had known about this little gem when I was there. I love the shot of St.Michael's Mount! I visited Cornwall years ago when I was a nanny in France. Your posts lately make me want to fly back to England and never leave (with the kids of course in tow). xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely place! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. that looks brilliant! lovely photos, I'm putting it on my list to visit when we're there in July x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will be staying very close to St Michael's Mount in July, so I shall try and visit the garden; it looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh I can't believe we've been down to that bit of Cornwall every year for 12 years and never been there!! It looks wonderful, thanks for the tip. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's such a beautiful place, and I really like those red toenails, too. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, i have always wanted to visit here - looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a lovely view....could sit there for quite a while I would think x

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like an amazing break Lou! And love those sandals! Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful, ah summer holidays... x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love each and every click of this post!! beautiful content!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really lovely photos. That last one just captures the whimsy in me, reminds me a bit of a fantasy reading. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for leaving a comment... I love to hear from you. Have a great day! Lou x