Artist Profile - Laura Redburn, Cardboard Cities


image via Cardboard Cities
 I have always wanted to showcase some of the new emerging artists / makers as well as bigger, well known names... and so I thought I should do a short and sweet little interview.  So here we are... Introducing a new little series called Artist Profile - first up is the very lovely and super talented Laura Redburn, aka Cardboard Cities.

Who are you & what do you do? 
My name is Laura Redburn and I'm a illustrator (I make collages and patterns mostly) and blogger from Cardiff. 

What is your inspiration behind your work? 
Things that inspire me most are colours, patterns, nature and animals. 


What do you love most about what you do? 
Illustration wise - I love being able to create my own little worlds full of colour, as well as doing something Ican get totally immersed into making. 
Blogging - I love discovering art and fashion that I love and being able to share it. Also, blogging has helped my photography skills too. 

Please tell us about your current loves... 
Photography - I'm really liking Rosanna Jones and Katie Eleanor at the moment. 
Illustration - Hard one! Currently Maria Ines Gul, Helen Dardik and Laura Manfre are my favourites.
Graphic Design - Paul Rand and Alan Fletcher
Home/Interiors - My go to for home and interiors are decor8 or Design Sponge. 
Blogs - I love the Patchwork Harmony, also Dainty Squid, Cali vintage, and the Adored Vintage blog, it fills me with jealousy and wish I had all those beautiful dresses and other vintage pieces. 
Books - I don't read as much as I used to, two authors I love and have read a lot of are Irvine Welsh and Chuck Palahniuk. I also love the poetry of T.S. Eliot, E.E. Cummings and Sylvia Plath. I'll always love design/illustration books, that type of thing. the art of looking sideways, Charley Harper an illustrated life are always go-to's. 
Magazines - I don't read many magazines at the moment but I do like to flick through Vogue every now and then for the photography, and I love Lionheart magazine, Betty Magazine and 91 magazine. 
Shops - I don't really go out to shops at the moment as I don't have money but online I love Whitepepper, Upintheairsomewhere, and LePetitGrenier (all Etsy shops).
Drink - I love homemade lemonade so much but elderflower cordial is my all time favourite. 
Eat - I am loving red pepper at the moment! Also potato wedges. Lemon and poppy seed cake is my favorite thing ever. 
Play - I love watching films, going to museums (especially natural history, transport and design related ones) and perusing blogs. 


Where can we buy your work? 
In either of my shops:  shop.cardboardcities.co.uk and society6.com/cardboardcities.

Thank you Laura, a really great Artist Profile!  Please pop over and say hi to Laura her blog and stunning work are really inspiring.

If you would like to appear on or nominate someone for Artist Profile - please do drop me a line at littlegreenshedblog@hotmail.co.uk - I'd love to hear your thoughts or suggestions.

Labels: , , , ,