Home Inspiration - Fiddle Fig Leaf...


image via pinterest
It is no secret that I adore house plants, all plants come to think of it.  If you have been reading my blog for a while you will remember my Nature in the Home series, I am missing it!  Not long to wait, it shall return in September, fresh and new for the autumn season.

I have noticed over the years that plants come in and out of fashion, much like soft furnishings, paint colour, and furniture.

Succulents are everywhere, and rightly so, as are Mother in Law's Tongues.  But the star of the moment has to be the Fiddle Fig Leaf.  Almost a tree in size in comparison to it's companions.  I love how it brings of outdoors in and gives the room a rather large shot of green.

This one above is particularly beautiful, in it's woven basket pot and the tribal rug just setting it off perfectly.  I am looking around my small terrace and wondering if I have room for such a glorious monster.

For more images of Fiddle Leaf Figs please have a look over here.

......................................................................

p.s. I'd like to thank all of you who offered me support and advice on my post yesterday.  I am feeling heaps better.  Nothing like spending the entire day with a warm, and inspiring woman, and her 3 gorgeous boys.  This morning, again I am working from home, but I have sent Rufus off to play with his friend Flo and Charlie has his friend over - it is so quiet!  I believe this could be the way forward - separate play dates!

Labels: ,