Ten...


October...
The month of colour - ochre, russet and red, the smell of the earth is all around us.  October is a time of gathering for the winter, wood, food - time to get your squirreling on!
This month Dan and I celebrate our anniversary 11 years... has it really been this long? It seems like only last year we met, of course it isn't, we have a nearly 8 year old son.  I still feel like that girl who met that boy, all those years ago.... I suppose we always shall be, just a boy and girl, together in this life of ours.

This October there is so much to do...
* Celebrating us
* Going back to Cornwall and staying in this beautiful place
* Handing back our beloved allotment... goodbye dear friend (we just don't have the time anymore)
* Watching Rufus become a Beaver
* Planting these and these in preparation for Spring
* Having many Sunday lunches with friends
* Making this for desert.
* Choosing pumpkins for Halloween - and the annual carve will commence
* Having a woodland Halloween rumpus
* A spa day with a friend (can't wait!)
* Conker collecting
* Wood gathering for the store
* Foraging for Mushrooms - I must go on a proper course, I'm scared to eat them afters!
* Buying this knife!
* Bringing out my Winter Woolies 
* Knitting.
* Getting into art with the kids.

I've been collecting a little inspiration mood board for October over on Pinterest....




Labels: ,