Google+ Littlegreenshed - UK Lifestyle Blog: Nature in the Home - Christmas week 2... Google+ -->

Nature in the Home - Christmas week 2...

#natureinthehome Christmas week 2 - garlands  littlegreenshed blog

Hi there!

Apologies for the delay on Week 2 of Christmas Nature in the Home.  I've been up against it with work deadlines.  But finally I am here - hoorah!

This weeks theme was GARLANDS.  This morning I wired together spruce off cuts from our tree, yellowing leaves from my rose in the garden, eucalyptus leaves from my neighbour, house leaks and fir cones to a branch for support.  And hung it up over the mantel piece using some bakers twine.  Using the gold bauble from my previous NITH for added twinkle.


I think it looks pretty good, considering all was foraged last minute!  It's surprising what you can lay your hands on.

I will have to re-instate the advent calendar to the mantel in minute, otherwise there will be outrage from the boys!  I am still deciding where the garland will permanently live.

So that's mine, how did you do?

Next week WREATHS! see you then.



15 comments:

  1. That is so pretty, I love the way you have used the yellowing leaves for contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks amazing, Lou! Totally Lush x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its beautiful, I love the yellow! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving the flashes of yellow. Gives a bright fresh feel. I'm very behind on this series so far. Oops! Elinor x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those little succulents tucked in there! I'm bringing Christmas into the bedroom this year because there is just not enough space everywhere else!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, Lou :)

    I simply couldn't find time to make up a garland as my son is unwell, but I do have ivy trailing everywhere so I've joined in anyway,

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely! I love the house leeks - they look great. I was thinking of doing some kind of hangy branch thing, there seems to be a lot on pinterest and I've been lucky enough to get a load of rosemary branches from work - they smell amazing, so can't wait to get creative with those x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so gorgeous - so clever using the yellowed rose leaves. Perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning! I LOVE the yellow leaves, pure natural beauty! I aim to use as many natural decorations as I possibly can, so nice to come home from work and really appreciate all the effort too :)
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful! I love the branch idea and such a great combination of colours and textures! This year I went for somewhere between a garland and a wreath and put some holly and other foliage into a potato to keep them fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how natural this looks, and eucalyptus is one of my all-time favourites. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so beautiful!! I love it hanging over the fireplace.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nature at its prettiest...... Leave there I say, its gorgeous! Love the one simple bauble too, Xx

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for leaving a comment... I love to hear from you. Have a great day! Lou x