2014...


Happy New Year!
So here it is 1.1.14.
I feel ready, fresh and raring to go.  Ready to embrace all that 2014 has to offer.
I am excited, full of wonder of what this year will bring.

This year there is so much I wish to achieve, wish to feel and wish to grow....  I want to give more time to things I love to do, spend time with people I love, visit places, use the allotment more. Bake, cook, develop recipes.  Learn how to take better photographs, take a few courses, move the blog in new directions...

So for 2014 my word is....   NOURISH

Nourish: 
to sustain with food or nutriment; supply with what is necessary for life, health, and growth.
to cherish, fosterkeep alive, etc.: He had long nourished the dream of living abroad.
to strengthen, build up, or promote: to nourish the arts in one's community.

* I want to get back to basics.  Fuel myself with good whole foods, straight from my allotment. Get fit and strong.  Feed my children with food that will help them grow.
* Simplify living, de-clutter, and decorate the home. Furnish it simply with beautiful homely items that will last .  Buy once and buy well.
* Spend time with friends far and near - nourish relationships, mine and the boys.
* Move this blog into new directions - learn to say No to somethings and yes to others.
* Develop my freelance, writing, drawing and blogging... take it on new routes and collaborations.
* Slow down, nourish my soul. Step away from the computer, live a whole life. Be in the moment.
* Live lightly and smile often
* Play more
* Have plans to look forward to - holidays, adventures... so much to do!


This is the year of me... to really feel I've taken time to look after myself, my family and nourish us and embrace the new.


I have already some wonderful new series of posts in the pipeline - maybe a few new link ups, if you'd like to join in with me?  Think food, nostalgia, homes, and of course plants!  Exciting times ahead.

I am also thinking of opening up advertising again on the blog.  But only if you feel I should.  Would it annoy you seeing ad's there, or would you be interested in having your small business up there?  Let me know...

So Happy New Year lovely friends - here's to wishing you a wonderful New Year!
What is your word?  I'd love to know.
x

Labels: