January...


Follow Lou Archell | littlegreenshed's board January on Pinterest.

Today we are back to a 'normal' routine.  The boys returned to school, Dan to work, and I? Well I tried not to fall asleep on the sofa (ahem!).

January is a time for taking life easy, moving slowly through the days, ensuring we are all well fed, eating foods that will sustain us and give us the best nutrients, sleeping enough and not getting illnesses.

Today I started my two weeks of detox, starting to Nourish my body with good foods.  Plenty of leafy green vegetables, proteins, herbal teas and lots of water.  The process in theory is easy, filling my body with goodness which will in turn make me feel great, loose some weight and feel fit and strong.  But today, Day 1, I am having constant sugar cravings, and have a headache from lack of caffeine, and all I want to do is make Marmite on Toast - I am sure I will get over it!

I am going to look forward and enjoy this process, relish the time to think about myself, recipes to try, vegetables to buy in the green grocers, and walks in the park.  I am hoping to find a yoga class, to stretch some and breathe deep.  Or just to have a little afternoon nap.

I am going to spend the next few days not getting worked up over the school run, start some exciting design projects and dream about summer.

Happy January.....

Labels: ,