Google+ Littlegreenshed - UK Lifestyle Blog: This weekend... Google+ -->

This weekend...

Image via Pinterest
The storm has thankfully passed by us, for now.  I've just watched the news, last nights high tide mixed with strong winds and driving rain has left parts of the UK flooded.  Waves reaching 10ft in Cornwall. I would have loved to have seen that, but not seen the flooding of people's homes - so sad.

It looks like this weekend we are due some more of this weather... I for one will be staying home as much as I can.  Can't do windy wet... 

So this weekend I/we shall be....

* Painting the bathroom - yep renovation is under way, so exciting!
* Take down the tree, packing up decorations, and giving the house a good clean.
* Playing board games - the boys got Game of Life (adventurers) for Christmas, we love it!
* Trying a few recipes from my new cook book
* Celebrating my lovely friends birthday with cocktails
* Finding a home for my new house plant, lets hope I don't kill it
* Reading, reading, reading with the boys
* Sending thank you cards.

A quiet, home based weekend.
Have a great one...

11 comments:

  1. Renovations are fun - good luck with that! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cookbook looks lovely! Perfect bedtime reading - just don't go up with an empty stomach, could be lethal ;)

    Good luck with the decorating and the house plant x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a busy few days! It's my husbands birthday celebrations on Saturday night - and we are off to Brighton Marina - just hoping the waves aren't too fierce - otherwise we might be regretting that sea view room. I can't see we will be making much use of the balcony! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we'll be sticking close to home, too. The rain has started on our side of town again, and the forecast looks horrid. Luckily there are no flood warnings near us, and I can't see the stream at the bottom of the hill threatening us at all, so that's something.

    Thank-you cards are a good idea! I shall have to set the sproglet to work on his...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cleaning and thank you card writing here too - definitely a weekend to stay in cosy and warm

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with the renovations. I have lots of painting to do..sometime. My mother had one of those plants for decades, I don't think they're very easily killed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like an actin packed weekend! Have fun

    Love Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with the renovations. You're good to start so early in the year. I've put off doing the bedroom until February - enough time to get back to normal but before half term! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those plants are great - I have one also. With four cats in the house that seem to eat anything that resembles a plant, the only thing I can keep inside are succulents. The sharper the leaves the better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the new plant. I think they are hardcore, after their namesake:-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow 10 foot in Cornwall! That sounds terrifying. Sounds like a busy weekend! Enjoy x

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for leaving a comment... I love to hear from you. Have a great day! Lou x