Google+ Littlegreenshed - UK Lifestyle Blog: February... Google+ -->

February...


Follow Lou Archell | littlegreenshed's board February on Pinterest.

February is upon us.  It may well be the shortest month of all, but to me it is mentally the longest.  I always suffer with winter blues this time of year, no matter how hard I try to not let it.  I long desperately for warmth, summer, travel.  I cannot see sense in the world, every little detail becomes difficult and trying!

I know I am not alone.  Stupid SAD.  Dan has started an Instagram hastag called #beatfebruary.  The two of us are taking time together and individually to do things that make us happy.  Me, to seek and find colour, little details that make me smile.  Spring bulbs.  A coffee with a friend. A walk in the woods.  Dan, well that boy needs to fly around the woods on his bike, getting super muddy.

So, February I can either let you eat me up or make you my friend.

*****

My February loves list is up there - on the right.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have the right attitude there Lou, don't let it eat you up :o) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep warm, eat well, find a good book and if all else fails - watch a bit of trashy TV! Hope you find some colour and those green shoots (both metaphorical and literal).
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you collect plenty of little details in your days to keep February bright x P.S. Thanks for teaching me a new word - brumous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daffodils get me through February. I have them in my house constantly this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh Lou I know exactly how you feel... I have a couple of friends with the Winter Blues but they seem to get it when the nights start drawing in and then cheer up when the days start getting longer, personally I like the start of Winter when everything feels cosy and nice - it's around this time, when it feels it's been going on forever and yet somehow still so long to go, that always gets me down! February is my worst month of the year. I think I'll join Dan in the #beatfebruary times! Keep your chin up and remember Spring Will Happen (my motto this time of year!)

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Focus on the snowdrops coming through, Lou. They're a sign of all the loveliness ahead x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, February is better for you than it is for us here in the US. You gals already have spring bulbs making an appearance. We just got another 4 inches of snow last night! But I have to admit, that makes me happy - I was wishing for more. Getting ready to go out for a snowy walk with the dogs and little babe in a bit. No flowers in sight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have you tried a Lumie lamp? I got one of their alarm clocks for Christmas (it wakes you up with natural light gently turning on for 30 minutes) as I am finding it so much easier to wake up in these dark winter days. (Aware this sounds like advertising but it really isn't - I'm a genuine convert!)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for leaving a comment... I love to hear from you. Have a great day! Lou x