Wild kids...


Following on from my last post, about Charlie and his diagnosis. I was totally overwhelmed by your thoughtful comments.  Made me cry! Thank you!  Dyslexia does seem to be quite common, reading through your messages.  Dan and I found it so encouraging to hear that these children have gone on and achieved such great things.   Your support is much appreciated.  Thank you!




We know confidence is the key with Charlie.  Once he begins to believe that he can do it, he will, I am sure he will.

Going back to the beginning of the year when I introduced my word for 2014.  NOURISH.  Do you remember?

Nourish:
to sustain with food or nutriment;
to cherish, foster, keep alive;
to strengthen, build up or promote

Nourish is the word for us as a family.  To strengthen, to cherish, to sustain.  All words which are so important right now.  We are always looking at ways to boost Charlie and his confidence.  Trying to build on his strengths and loves.  One of which is being in the woods.  He is just like his parents on that!  So with this in mind I have booked him onto a week long forest school with Go Wild Education, here in Bristol.

We had a taster session last winter, when the school leader (Jackie Roby) was working out of the Bristol Zoo site.  Charlie LOVED it!  Talk about in his natural environment.  He went off up the hill, out of sight of the grown ups and dug out the little stream.  With big effort re-directed the water to pool further down the hill in a lagoon.  I saw him go from a quiet boy to a giggling swamp monster in just a couple of hours.

I know a week course will allow him chance to be just Charlie. Not son, brother, pupil, - but Charlie on his own. Making new friends and learning new skills.  He is so excited and can't wait to learn to build the camp fire and make dens in the woods.

I am looking forward to seeing his happy, rosie cheeks after a day outside.

Jackie has lots of courses for children and adults in and around the Bristol area.  Click here for more information.


Labels: , , ,