April...

image via pinterest
April - came in quickly and quietly. Kind of crept up on me.  I feel I've been sleeping a little this Spring. Spending far too much time sitting at my desk and not out there seeing the change of season in all it's glory.  Before I know it the blossom will have finished and the trees will be in full leaf... and I'd have missed this special time of year.  I need to get out more!

Right now, we are thankfully having the school Easter Holidays.  It's silly.  I feel somewhat panicking that the are days tripping by so quickly, I feel I haven't achieved all that I wanted... so much to do with my boys, these days are so precious.

Here are some things on our Easter break list...

* Gather wild garlic, make pesto & focaccia.  Eat nettle soup.  Make tender dandelion leaf omelette... mmmm

* Go see the drifts of bluebells.  This is a must!  To walk in dappled woodlands, among these wonderful British wildflowers is truly the best thing about Spring.  I adore them.

* Make Easter decorations.  I quite fancy these.  But I know the boys will want to do these.

* Visit the Jurassic coast.  Off on a fossil hunt.

* Charlie is at Forest School this week... so just Ru and I shall be hanging together.  Bike riding and allotmenting.

* Sowing seeds.  We still need to sow some pumpkins, squashes, cucumbers & sweet peas!

* Making bread for the #52loavesproject

* Eating a feast on Easter Sunday - an egg hunt, and plenty of chocolate!

* Hanging with good friends... spending quality time. No rushing, just being.

So if you are on Easter Break - or just wishing to slow down and enjoy the season - have a lovely one...

Labels: