January Memories


So that's it, we have done it.  January 2011 has come and gone... phew!

Despite being notoriously the worst month of the year for doom and gloom, I have come out the other side feeling happy and positive.  So what has been different this January to others?  Why didn't I slide into a deep winter depression?

Well, to be honest, there has been many a morning, when it has been dark and frozen outside, that I have just wanted to hide under the duvet and forget about the world.  School run in the freezing weather wasn't something I wanted to gladly do.

But this January, has given us the most glorious sunshine days, and crisp mornings,  beautiful sunrises and hard frosts which makes the humblest bush look like something out of Narnia.

I have filled my home with colour and pretty things.  Having a bright pink table cloth, candles, fairy lights, spring bulbs everywhere has fooled my brain into thinking it is Spring out there.  Craft, making things, being pro-active has also helped.  Getting on with things.  I have enjoyed exploring the child in me by making colourful paper kites & Hama bead hearts, which adorn my windows and catch the sunlight.  I have come to understand that pretty & colour play a huge part in my mental well being. 

As a family we have hung out together much better this year.  I think the boys are just that little bit older and they are playing so well together has helped enormously.  We have gone out as much as possible, enjoying walks in the park, chasing squirrels, feeding the birds and riding bikes.  But at home Lego has been the main toy of choice, and for the family who given this amazing toy to the boys - thank you!

So on the final day... January you've been alright!  I hope February will be just as manageable.  Here's to positive thinking.

x